Friday, June 29, 2007

Remember, some kids have no tact.....

I don't know, maybe its just me, but I wouldn't allow my children to attempt to debate an adult's personal life choices with them. I would hope that I am raising children more respectful than that.

We were at the park this afternoon, chatting with some friends, and the issue os schooling came up, as well as the fact that my kids don't get 3 months off for summer, we school all year round.
One of LQ's teammates said "That sucks" and when I told her that schooling for 2-3hours a day was WAY better than spending 6-7 hours doing it, her reply was "Yeah, but homeschoolers have no friends."

Really? Because I am pretty sure the kids at the pool party LQ attended were her friends.
And I also think that the kids she was at the park Thursday with were also her friends.
Its also just a hunch, but what about playdates during the week? They look like friends to me!

I'm so glad that LQ wasn't around - she was off playing with *gasp* a FRIEND!!!! Actually, it was the older brother of the girl I was talking to. LQ adores him - he's a boy and he plays rough and tough with her. DUH - just like her regular friends do!

I decided not to launch into my anti-school, pro-homeschooling speech....I realize that some people are not worth attempting to explain things to, and this child was one of them. Also, I am an adult, and will not argue with a child about MY life choices.

However, I did tuck her comments away and made a mental note to keep an eye on that girl when she interacts with my daughter. I know LQ will defend her schooling, but I don't think that type of conversation is necessary.

Anyway - VENT OVER....on to something new.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game. My ILs decided not to come. I'm not mad. Its their loss. FIL said they would call tomorrow to see if there are going to be anymore games that they might be able to make it to. I told him I wouldn't know tomorrow - it would be best to try Monday or Tuesday.

I am off to bed - I've been going since 7:00 am this morning, and between housework, filling 300 water balloons, pool party, picking up last minute unifrm stuff, and dealing with a rude LQ teamamte, I am pooped. :)

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Bionicle Boy is so happy and has so many friends. True friends that like him as he is. Yeah for homeschooling!