Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life Lessons...

This morning I went out, determined not to get stressed out or angry or anything. Instead, I asked myself, "What is this trying to teach me?"

The results:

A lady almost hit LQ with her shopping cart and then yelled at LQ for being in the way. Now I didn't witness it, and it was probably a good thing (mess with my kid and I would have shoved that lady's cell phone down her throat)
What I learned: Some people are always going to be stuck in the habit of blaming others instead of looking to themselves for what they could have done differently. We are all in control of our we create our lives. I explained to LQ that she wasn't totally faultless, she was walking around with her IPOD headphones in her ears and probably not focusing or hearing the cart approaching.
Oops, I almost got a little too angry on that one....lol..
We got in line and happened to choose the one where the customer didn't have all of her govt benefits items in order, and a manager had to be called. We waited in line a long time... and the other people in line were making nasty comments
What I learned: I can be patient, and used the opportunity to reinforce my childrens knowledge of the word "NO" when they each asked me for those nasty conversations hearts that are so conveniently stacked at the register. The boy had the nerve to ask 3 times. I answered a couple of texts, and checked my email.

Over all, I learned that I should stick with grocery shopping in the morning while most people who tend to drive me crazy are still sleeping.

LQ has asked for specific books for her birthday from a specific author
What I learned: I should stop being so critical of what she is reading and just be grateful that she is reading again and loving it. Mysteries may not be my favorite, but I'm not the one who has to read them!!!
We ran out of eggs this morning
Now we have cartons to use for a planting project. I have seeds and soil so we will raise the seeds indoors and then transplant when the weather is nicer!

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Hey! As long as they are reading!