Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The First Day....

Or should I say the worst day?

No, it wasn't the worst day ever. Just not ideal.
My babysitting kid cried today. For like an hour. It drove me nuts. Its hard when its not your kid.
I also spent my first day without any soda. My friend had sent me this thing about mercury being in the soda. Usually I will look around and research things like that but it really got me thinking...
It doesn't matter if there is mercury, or rat poison, or roadkill in my soda. Bottom line, is that it isn't healthy for me and I know it. I drink it purely for the sugar rush and nothing else.
So I didn't have any today, and I hope to not have any the next day or the one after that. I did drink grape juice (bleh) and indulged in a Starbucks hot chocolate this afternoon when I was out meeting a new homeschooling person. Not good for my sugar, but better than a soda.
Yes, my homeschooling friends, I have recruited another to come join our group, you will probably see her tomorrow. Nice lady, not exactly my ideal parent, but still - a parent who cares deeply about how her children grow up and their values.
Tomorrow is Park Day and I am looking forward to it. I need to finish my other glove!
I also need to drop off my adult videos to the library. Hope someone finds them educational (LOL!!!!)
Only 4 more days until SuperBowl (for some reason I messed up typing and it said Spermbowl, lol wonder how that happened) We went to the grocery store and bought the stuff, only to come home and check the mail and see 90% of the stuff go on sale today!!! Oh well....
Oh, and I filed my taxes last night. I have found that even though last year was crazy, i managed to keep pretty good records. So my numbers are pretty accurate. Oh and HAHA State of California - go ahead and give me a $45 IOU! I got smart and didn't let you take very much money from my hubby's paycheck like I used to!
Now pay my Father-in-Law and all the other people who ACTUALLY work for their paycheck instead of the ones who are waiting at home expecting one...

2 comments:

bmarin said...

Ok. What's wrong with her?

La La Rabbit said...

Thats a good point about the soda..even if they take out the mercury its still nasty. We went to dinner last night and I brought D.L. his own grape juice.
I am going to look it up more too...:)
see you 2day