Thursday, January 8, 2009

3 things....

THE DREAM....

My dad likes to visit my dreams every so often. The last time we talked, he learned the shocking truth that he is in fact dead.
Actually that is not true, I saw him briefly in a nightmare a few days back that was totally weird and wasn't the same as the previous dream or this one that I just had.
I was in a house...don't recognize it, but my dad's family was there. We were supposed to be eating, but I refused because I grew up watching my aunts cook in filthy kitchens and now as an adult it makes my stomach turn. My dad's sister is yelling at me, and saying mean things to me, and all I am doing is smiling at her. And it makes her more and more angry that I keep smiling, so I continue doing it.
I go in search of something to drink, and there are all these strange rooms that are dark, and they smell like mold. I am looking for bottled water (again, the filth issue)
and I finally come across a lit room with a small tv, and a bathroom attached. Ugh. the bathroom is nasty, with crud in the corners and the toilet doesn't work well. I turn on the faucet and a little dribble of water came out, so I turned it off. I leave the bathroom and my dad is sitting on the bed, watching the little flickering tv. I sat down and we started having a conversation.
He told me that he is free to visit people whenever he wants, so he drops in on them from time to time (like he is doing to me right now??)
Then he got mad at me for not turning off the faucet completely. Apparently he installed it himself backwards, and so the handle must turn to the left, not the right. Sheesh... No mention of the fact the toilet doesn't work or anything.
I have the nerve to ask him where the bottled water is. it was really important to me! He tells me there isn't any, just Coke. No ice, no straws, heck - NO CUPS! I tell him that at my house we have all those things, and I have grown accustomed to having them. He laughed and said straight from the can is the only way to go. Yes, Mr Diabetes!
He told me that it was good seeing me, but that he had to go back to watching the little tv. I got a bear hug and when I opened my eyes to look at him, he was gone again. And the little tv was turned off.

What does it all mean?? That I need to clean the toilet more often? Don't waste water? Switch from Pepsi to Coke???
I don't know, but I think we have a better relationship now that we don't actually interact in the now.


THE ROCKIN'

Today while I was sitting in Urgent Care (stay tuned if you want to know what the heck I was doing at urgent care!) the earth started rockin' and the huge building with many many floors was shaking!
The receptionist looked like she was trying to find a place to hide. Hongo grumbled that he wished the place had a TV so he could watch the Bowl game that he was missing.
It apparently is a 4.5 centered in San Bernardino. I wondered what it felt like up the hill at home.

URGENT CARE

Okay, this is the scoop....
Yesterday I was getting dressed and I put on my clothes and felt a pinch. I pulled them off and there was a little black ant in there. Ever since the snow, we have had tons of ants in our sinks and around the doors. Anyway - the little shit bit me and it hurt! And it itched like crazy!
I finally stopped scratching it becaue I knew I wasnt doing myself any favors. I went out, worked out, took a shower, went to bed, got up this morning, got dressed, went to park, and then came home. After dinner I felt really sick to my stomach and I was going to go walk on the treadmill and the bite started hurting again. I told Hongo "hey I just want to let you know I got bit, and it hurts." So he said "let me see" So I show him and there is swelling and bruising around the area, and then a red line going up my body.
HOngo says "ummmmm, that doesnt look good. let's go to the dr"
SO we drive all the way down to the dr and it turns out I have a major infection. I have to take these ginormous white antibiotics for the next 10 days. IF my red line doesn't disappear in 3 days ,I am to go straight to the hospital. I don't pass GO, or collect $200...just straight to ER. The red line had better leave - I have a softball game on SUNDAY!!!!
ANd one last detail..the bite is on a personal area. There was no way I could just show the dr real quick. No, I had to wear the dressing gown. *sigh* and to make it worse, I had to show it to like 3 people and let them examine it. GREAT.....

Maybe my dad will show up tonight and give me some kind of advice on how to get rid of it....lol.

4 comments:

Sancy said...

Ouch!! I hope the red line goes away quickly!

La La Rabbit said...

You are living La Vida Loca! Who knew the Deadly V Ville ant was among us!

bmarin said...

Sure it was an ant?

Anonymous said...

I forgot to do this before- interpret your dream. (Dreams maean what they mean to YOU, but here is what I see...)
The thing with your aunts and the food means that you are holding onto prejudices from your past- whether they are warranted or not.
Your dad- well, he tells you- he's visiting you, it's not just a dream. I think the dripping water is something that's nagging at your conscience (maybe it has to do with his family), and he wants you to deal with it.