Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Relax....its Wednesday!

I think this is the only day that we are going to relax this week.

Monday the kids wanted to go to the park before the library. Just as we were pulling into the parking lot, our friends were pulling in too! So of course my kids were bouncing around in the car, lol.
So we didn't go to the library - we spent all morning with our friends!
We came home and I was about to hop on the treadmill and the phone rang - it was my mom. We talked for a while - my cousin is still all pissed off at me, and I told her about my aunt's email. I did write her back, btw - something short and sweet and threw the ball back in her corner. She hasn't written back.
Anyway, my mom told me that my other aunt (the nice one) was having a b-day party that evening, my uncle in UT was in the hospital, and a friend of the family (well, my family - she's my cousin's aunt) died last week. She died of liver failure, which is no surprise, because she would party with my dad and uncles.
So when I got off the phone, I made a note to text my aunt Happy B-day, send my uncle a get well card (I still need to do that) and send a message to the son of the woman that died.
I text'd my aunt, and my uncle called me back. He thought I called him. I had to explain the concept of text messaging to him. But that got me roped into a one hour conversation with him that wasn't really about pleasant stuff. He put my cousin on the phone (she just had a baby and is the sister of the cousin that hates me) and after I talked to her, I told him I was surprised that she would speak to me, considering how close she and her brother are. He assured me that she realizes that the relationship that SHE and I have is different than the one between her brother and I.
After the phone conversations I had a headache - I still had to get money from the bank to pay Tim's softball manager. He came by, and Tim got home, and my head was just pounding. I missed knitting night.
I fell asleep exhausted.

On Tuesday, I had some friends over with their kids. Four moms, 9 kids. We had lunch and got the conversation started. Then we went to the park and met up with some other ladies that I had met online. It was okay - it was kind of wierd. I told my friends that I spent so long being in "the circle" that I had forgotten what it was like to sit on the outside, not knowing anyone (well, except them , of course)
I had A LOT of fun on Tuesday. I missed talking to my friends - it felt like I hadn't seen them in forever, since Hairy was sick and i missed knitting night. When Hongo came home, he could definitly see that my spirits were lifted and that I was feeling good. So Beatriz, Frankie, Caryn- THANK YOU!

Which brings me to today. We got that library trip out of the way, and then came home to clean up. I've been playing with my new Photoshop CS3 that Hongo got for me - its pretty cool.

Tomorrow is Park, and then on Friday we are going to a friends house so I can take some pictures of her kids for her. I'm blessed to have friends with cute kids - it makes my photos look that much better :D
We are trying to fill in the gaps with lessons here and there. LegoQueen is totally into geometry, so I am doing my best to keep her interested.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

We had so much fun, too! See you later!