Friday, August 31, 2007

Appointmetn details...

I was exhausted last night. I had a vivid dream that Hongo and I had gone out for the evening tonight and came back to a ransacked house. They even took all the food in the pantry! But you know what they left? His car. Damn people couldn't take his stupid G6, lol. And then one of my aunts was sitting at the table talking about people Hongo and I know, but she doesn't.
Weird.
But you know what this dream means, right?
I am worried about my house being ransacked while we are gone to FL, the whole family is glum about the lack of food in the house. (Really people, you expect me to stock a full fridge and pantry and just let it spoil while we are gone?)
And I don't like Hongo's car. Oh, and my aunt is just really wierd.

Anyway, back to the appointment.

I didn't sleep well - I stayed up til 1:30 am reading Harry Potter. When I finally crawled in bed, 10 minutes later the room flashed brightly. I got up, and there weren't any cars or people outside moving around. After the next few flashes, I finally realized it was lightning. Then at 2:30 there was a loud BOOM and I jumped so high it wasn't funny.
Needless to say, I was tired when we went to the park. We ended up leaving at around 12:30. I just wasn't a very fun person to be around, so no need for me to ruin it for everyone else.
When I got home, Hongo was pacing, and then he was laying on the bed fidgeting, and then he would turn on the tv. I finally told him we should just go and be early.
The ride down was very quiet. I was working on a sock for the Hairy One. I call it my "sock of dread" I cast it on Monday night, and then started knitting it on the way to the bone scan. I am working on the foot already, and all my friends KNOW how slow I knit.So to be almost done in 3 days is pretty darn good!
We went shopping for some last minute vacation clothes, and then we went to the dr office. We had to sit outside because the waiting room was so full. We waited for about 1 hour, and then they actually called us in at 5pm.
We took the Hairy One with us, and told the girls to sit quietly in the waiting room. They took us to the room and I could see beads of sweat on Hongo's forehead. I held on to Hairy and we sat down.
We could hear thedr talking outside the room. I think I mentioned that our dr's language is quite funny. Last time he used the word "homie" Yesterday he said "This guy is DA BOMB!" I could hear his nurse laughing!
he came in, checked the chart and read the results. He had his back to Hongo, so Hongo couldn't hear what he was saying. However, I could - and when I hear him say that the scan was clear, and there were no conditions to report, I broke out in a grin. Hongo was puzzled and was mouthing "What? What did he say?" and the dr turned around and gave him the good news.
After that, Hongo was just tripping over his own tongue. The dr said that Hongo's left elbow might be to blame. It hurts occasionally when he throws, so there might be damage to it, which WOULD be an explanation for his levels being so high.
Hongo was on Cloud 9. He just has to go back to do another round of blood work to check his levels again and then we will be done.
We had dinner out last night, and his parents are coming over tomorrow to celebrate. When I called MIL to let her know, she was quiet. She kept saying "You aren't lying to me, right? He's okay, right? You would tell me, wouldn't you?" And then she started to cry and FIL had just pulled in, so she had to go tell him the good news.

I feel so much better today - we are going to go to a friend's house this afternoon!

4 comments:

bmarin said...

Thank goodness! Now you can go on your vacation in peace!
When I send a post through my phone it has to be with a picture. It won't go through with just a text. I don't know why. But that is the only way I can get it to work.

Shannon said...

YAY! that is great news.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that. What a relief!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.