Monday, February 23, 2009

Past the first week....

My softball team is full of nice girls. We have had some glitches and tomorrow I have to cancel practice because someone double booked the field, but otherwise things are moving along smoothly.
My mom came and visited today. She is still working...but just like many people, things are uncertain with her future employment status. Her company was just bought out so she is supposed to receive a $2100 buyout check for her vacation and then she has to start accruing it all over again.
It doesn't make sense to me, but then again, she has never really made sense. Nevertheless, I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE she takes that money and pays her bills down and then puts some away for a rainy day.
My parents were never savers - they spent every penny whether out of necessity or indulgence.
My mom was sad. Sunday was her sister's funeral. My aunt had Alzheimer's and it was very difficult for my mom to have her only sister not recognize her. Plus Saturday was the 2 year anniversary of my dad's death, so it was just rough all around.
My uncle finally moved out, and so now my mom is living alone. She seems to enjoy it, she has her sweetheart dog and all of her nasty ass cats to keep her company.

This week the two little ones start with their teams. They are so excited. Well, DramaQueen is. The Hairy One is scared. He should have no problem though - I was looking at my roster and there are 2 familiar faces and the team is 10 little boys and 2 girls. The girls should be the ones who are scared!!! LOL!

2 comments:

bmarin said...

Is your mom the cat lady? I think I know her!

Kim said...

yes, she is definitely the cat lady, lol!