Monday, February 9, 2009

Busy weekend...

SOmehow we survived all the rain trying to poke its head in all of our plans. ON Saturday we finished tryouts just in time for it to start raining at the field. We did some grocery shopping and then Hongo made some delicious sandwiches for dinner. Turkey with cheese, and guacamole toasted on the bun. He is missing Quizno's since it closed down.
Yesterday was our softball double header and we won both games. The other team's pitcher accused us of cheating with shaved bats. Hongo was deeply offended. He doesnt cheat (at least at softball, Scrabble is another story) and was just steamed about it the rest of the afternoon.
Well, I know he wasnt accusing me, because I only got two good hits out of like 10 at bats. I couldn't seem to get it out of the infield!

Today I have to go out to AV and pay for my Friday team. Only 2 more weeks! and I am on the hunt for some yarn. I found out last night that one of the ladies from little league is battling cancer. Which means her hair may fall out. So I am going to knit some caps for her to keep her head warm for the winter. I will have to put a couple of projects on hold (i.e. the sleeves on LQs sweater) so that I can finish these quickly and get them to her. Ha ha....I said quickly and knit in the same sentence.... we will have to see.
Well, time to get the kids up and out of the house!

No comments: