Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The fires....

I wasn't going to write anything about them until they got closer and affected us, but seeing all the smoke to the south of us just puts me in a gloomy mood.
I talked to my MIL today - Hongo's extended family has been evacuated out of the mountain. His aunt and uncle are at a hotel, and his cousin is staying with his wife's family.
But she also told me that her mother and her husband were also evacuated in Temecula, and that they stayed at a shelter until yesterday afternoon. I know Hongo will be upset that his 80+ year old grandma was in a shelter. If she had called early enough, I could have went and got them and made it back up before the freeway closed. It appears they are out of danger now, since they were able to go back.....but I think about the smoke they are inhaling. It can't be good.
We can see the thick clouds of smoke to the south. No flames, the fire is on the other side of the mountain. But if it spreads to the north, we'll be able to see something.

Today has been an off day - everyone is grumpy and so I've had to separate us so that no one gets hurt, lol. We are all feeling pretty BLAH today. Too bad we still have lots to do, I'd get back in my jammies right now, lol!

4 comments:

Sancy said...

I've been thinking about you everytime I hear about the fires. I'm so glad that your not affected by them. {{HUGS}} I would be gloomy too if I saw all the smoke.

Anonymous said...

Same with me Sancy. I've been thinking about you guys... as I wasn't sure how close they were. :( :( **HUGE HUGS**

Kim said...

I wish you guys could see the sky right now - the smoke is taking over the south side of our town.
We still can't smell any smoke, but it looks like that is going to change. I have heard that the two fires are nowhere near containment!

Sancy said...

We were watching the news last night and even Bree asked where you lived. LOL! I told her you guys were ok but could see the smoke. She was relieved! I heard this morning that they think it might be arson. If it is I know what I'd like to do to that person! Grrr!