Saturday, September 15, 2007

My family is dumb....

I mean my extended family, not my kids and my husband.

Last night Hongo and I were at the pet store buying feeder fish. My cell phone went off and I had a picture message. After looking at it carefully, I was able to decipher that it was a picture of my dad in a frame, with a white piece of paper over his face. But I recognized the picture - it was one that I had blown up to an 8x10 for his funeral.

Anyway - I thought it was some kind of sick joke, so after texting back and forth with this anonymous person, I found out that it was my cousin Melanie, and the white piece of paper was the back of a picture.
SO basically what she wanted me to think was that "my dad's spirit" put this picture of her and my other cousin on top of his face.
I simply asked her to remove the picture from his face and place it somewhere else. I find it inappropriate to cover up the face of a deceased man, especially when it happens to be MY dad. She wrote back that she had already. Then I changed the subject and asked her how she and her baby were doing.

And she never wrote back.

Oh well, I figured. Then I went upstairs and the first thing I see on my desk? A picture of my dad, LegoQueen, Melanie, and her brother Matthew from Christmas in 1997 or 1998.

Funny.

Hongo asked me what I thought, and I told him that it was just probably one of those things where they want to prove that my dad loved them more than me and that is why all these "signs" are appearing at their house.

Whatever. I dont think any of us will ever know who my dad loved the most.

And if by SOME weird chance my dad's spirit is lingering around, I feel sorry for it.

No comments: