Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Good, good....

Ah, what a busy weekend! The party on Friday went really well. The kids were having fun, and the little girls spent the afternoon dressing up and coming downstairs to model.
I have pictures! I will send them out to the moms tomorrow, and DramaQueen is going to dress up again so I can have some to post here.
Saturday's adult party was fun! Ladies only and we had a really good time. It was not a raunchy and gross party at all, which I am glad of. The lady who gives these parties is known to be kind of that way, and I didn't find out until AFTER I had booked her. Everything we bought should be here Friday.
Then on Sunday, that party went well too. The hostess called me today to tell me she was SO happy about it and that everyone really liked me. I was on Cloud 9! Then after that party, we played softball. I skinned and bruised my knees sliding into 3rd base. I haven't slid in about 14-15 years and it showed. It was an ugly slide. But I was safe!
After the game, we called up family friends and went to the park to have batting practice. We played until it got dark! We had a lot of fun.
Yesterday I was determined to get our family back into the swing of things. We spent a little time at the park with my friend and her 3year old daughter. She kept hitting the Hairy One and he would hit her back. Finally she pushed him and made him fall, so my friend had to leave. My son looked ready to smack her again, and stopped himself. But afterwards we went to the library and I checked out some cool books for myself to read when I massage Hongo at night.
At the last minute, I decided to go to knitting night. I wasn't going to - I had been away from my family a lot all week and I was feeling the guilt. But they all insisted that I go, so I did. I had myself a double chocolate chip frappacino and it was gooooood.

Whichbrings me to today. It was one of those days where ya want to pump your arm and give high 5's. Well, at least *I* did.
Hongo got paid, so I went shopping, lol. We went to Target to get some small baggies for his lunch, and I went over to the school supply section because I knew they had some folders on clearance. Well, everything was 75% off! I got those 5 subject notebooks for 44 cents each, the packs of markers for 37 cents each, packs of highlighters, and some activity posters for super cheap. We made out well. The cart was full and I only paid about 15 dollars for it all.
So to my friends, go to the VV Target!
Then I got that phone call from the lady about the party, and I was happy about that.
Then I got caught up on all the laundry and most of the cleaning, so there are brownie points there because I was feeling like I was neglecting my house.
I made an appointment with my friend who also happens to scrapbook, and she is going to make me an album of my pictures for dirt cheap.
I've also had 3 good emails to read.

Now if my kids would JUST go to bed, the day would be even more awesome....grrrr.


Now watch - tomorrow is going to be the crappiest day ever, lol.

No comments: