Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Been a while....

since we have had someone gawk and point at us when we were in the store.

oh my! They aren't in SCHOOL?!?!? What are they doing here?!?!

As if my kids have the plague and we decided the best way to inflict it on people was to visit the office supply store.
Sheesh.

I was talking to LegoQueen when we walked in, and I saw this woman out of the corner of my eye. She nudged the woman in front of her roughly and then I heard her say "What are they doing out of school!?" Very LOUDLY. Then she started asking the people in line if there were any school districts out for the summer.

Well, if our little family at Staples was enough, imagine the heart attack she could of and would have had if she had visited the grocery store.

Every time we see other kids at the store or parks during "school" times, LegoQueen always wonders aloud if they are home schooled. I always tell her its not safe to assume anything, but it is always a possibility. She is facinated with the thought that all these poor children could be missing out on Park Day!

Other than the tactless outburst of the woman at Staples, our day went pretty well. The Hairy One is excited to spend his birthday money, so we will have to make a trip to the toy store very soon.

Oh and the kids had so many wonderful tales to tell when they came home. Things such as - my son hid some things of my MIL's, the hushing that LQ got when she tried to announce to my BIL that she finally got her period, my BIL has braces and he has a tattoo of a monster on his back. Exciting. When I finally kill him, they will have a way to identify his body.....

No comments: