Friday, August 15, 2008

Could I get used to this?

My kids are going to be gone for 3 days again...

Yesterday my Mother in law sent me an email asking if she could come get the kids on Monday and bring them back Tuesday night. I told her that I SUPPOSE I could relinquish my son to her on his birthday. So it was settled, I called Hongo to see if he could get the day off, but he couldn't.

Today I got a phone call from them again....apparently my FATHER IN LAW was cooking up an idea. They would come get the kids on Sunday morning, and return them Tuesday night. They would go to the museum on Sun and LegoLand on Mon for the Hairy One's birthday.

I know the kids are going to have a great time.

But why not go a little further? They will be here tomorrow anyway, why drive home and come back early the next day? Just take em home with you!

I'm do glad the kids are getting to spend so much time with their grandparents. And they get to go fun places too!

I do miss them when they are gone, but we talk on the phone every night before bed and they tell me how much fun they are having. I never got to do that as a kid :( 3 of my grandparents were gone before I was born, and my grandpa was a drunk and my parents wouldn't trust him to feed a goldfish while we were on vacation ,let along take care of me.

Oh and I love my new phone. I have almost found ringers for all of my fav contacts. I have one for my MIL it says in a whispered voice:

Its your mother in law...do you hear me? DON'T answer the phone. If you can hear me, DON'T answer the phone! Its your mother=in-law! Do you remember what she did to you the last time you answered? Don't pick up the phone! Its your mother in law!

Such a riot.

and the only complaint that I have is that the max volume is not high enough.

Hongo's new phone arrives Monday. He is getting one too, except his is free. Sheesh.

No comments: