Friday, August 1, 2008

Homeschooling EXPO

I just got home from the 1st day of the EXPO and all I can say is that I had sooo much fun!! I wanted to take pictures with my phone and blog them, but I totally forgot.

I saw lots of people I already know there, and made a lot of new friends. The thing about conventions like this - you already know that the people attending have at least one thing in common with you, so its easy to strike up a conversation.
My pick-up line of the day was "So....what sessions are you going to today?" LOL!

I am forever amazed at the personalities of the kids that were there. I only had ONE kid who would not talk to me and seemed nervous. The rest of them were happy to converse with me about just about everything. One kid told me a joke that he had made up, and another one asked if I was going to sign up for the Guitar Hero competition. Ha HA!
All the moms (and dads) that we talked to today were really nice, and I think Hongo was glad to see that other "normal" people homeschool, lol. He even took a walk around to check out the chess room.
One of my good friends came late and it was a little late for sessions, so we sat down and chatted about just about everything. We saw each other yesterday , but never got to really talk about anything serious.

Oh and I thought I would add that I saw Mary B today - she is doing great, and hopes to be back at park soon. Just a note for those who were wondering about her.

On another note, today is Hongo's birthday. We went to dinner and now we are home trying to figure out what we want to do. We don't have kids this weekend again, but we have to get up early again tomorrow to go back for Day 2 of the EXPO. I volunteered to be the 3rd floor bouncer and keep the riff raff out.

I talked to my mother in law earlier, and DramaQueen got bit by something orange out there in the forest. I told her to keep me posted, and if we needed to meet her at urgent care or something then let me know. But she said they put antiseptic on it and it is doing fine. DQ must have tasty blood because she is always getting bit by something :( But all the kids are doing great, which is good.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Yeah, keep the riff raff. I am sure there can be a lot of them at a homeschooling convention! Lol!
Happy Birthday to Hongo!