Tuesday, June 17, 2008

100 degree weather....

and last night I baked bread.
Am I a glutton for punishment or what???

Its worth it though....mmmmm pumpkin bread!

Our weekend was very busy - Saturday we went to visit the in law's, and we BBQ'd and visited with them. Then on Sunday, Hongo cleaned out the garage and I pulled weeds in the backyard. Then later that evening we went over to a friends house for a BBQ. That was fun, but we came home exhausted.

Tomorrow I am taking the day off. I don't know what I am going to do yet, but it sure doesn't involve cleaning, or weeding, or any other chores! Its supposed to be scorching hot again, so it will have to be indoors, lol!

We found out yesterday that it is going to take 7-10 working days to repair the damage to Hongo's car. We were stressing that we were going to be a one car family for 2 weeks. He was worried about the gas, I was worried about being stuck inside for 2 weeks, lol!
But the insurance company is footing the bill for a rental for him, so that works out.
I am off to my friend's house today - I had better go get ready!

3 comments:

bmarin said...

What happened to Hongo's car?

Kim said...

Someone backed into us in the Target parking lot. We were sitting there and he didn't see us, I guess.

bmarin said...

You know the kids stories crack me up sometime. I don't know where they get it. Bionicle Boy said Lego Queen said a drunk driver hit Hongo's car!