Saturday, June 21, 2008

Busy weekend!

Its Saturday night, and the house is finally quiet. Well, if you don't count the swamp cooler and the air conditioner running, then its quiet!

Yesterday we had our weekly meeting at my friend B's house. The kids went swimming and us moms sat by the pool and talked. I was working on a new project - a knitted vest. I know it sounds funky, but you'll see - its super cute.
So after the swimming, we went home and repacked the car to go to LQ's end of season party for her team. It was okay. I don't know if its just me, but I think its weird the coach's wife is never around. I've seen her like 3 times, and at the party only his younger daughters were present. Maybe she had to work, but even the weekend games she didn't come.
The party wen't well. We left early because Hongo and I had a softball game. We were winning, and all of a sudden one of the players from the other team started arguing a call about a catch. Then he started cussing, so the umpire threw him out of the game. The rules state that you must leave the park entirely. You cannot sit in the bleachers, you cannot sit in the parking lot. You must go away.
Well, the game had resumed, and the umpire saw him in the parking lot. So he called the other team as a forfeit, and they lost. They were totally bummed, and a lot of them apologized.
Since we were the last game, we stuck around and had batting practice. Then we all went out to In N Out and had a very late dinner. We were sooooo entertaining. I couldn't stop laughing, and at one point SODA shot out of my nose because I was taking a drink and one of the guys did something that I found hilarious.
We didn't get home until after midnight.
We slept in today, but I spent the morning getting LQ ready for her friend's birthday party. As it turned out, we had house repairs to do today, and we didn't want LQ to miss the party. So my friend K said she would take her to the party.
I admit, I was nervous. I don't think I have let her go so far or long with a non-family member. I knew she would be safe, but I also know how my daughter can be sometimes. She says what she is thinking and has no tact whatsoever. She also has no problems discussing anything and everything (except female stuff) with anyone who has ears. I can only imagine the conversation during the drive. Maybe she tried to convince everyone in the car that the famous "The Thinker" statue was actually just a cartoon. She is so controversial....
She is a good girl though - I was told that she did not cause any problems except for lunch (she didn't eat, and that really wasn't a problem for anyone except for me) and she was careful to ask permission before doing things.
She was gone for about 9 hours.
While she was gone we went out and had lunch, and then we went to the home improvement store to buy more paint, some wood to fix the patio cover, shade trees, and some veggie plants. I am slowly accumulating veggie plants for a garden. I know I am quite late on this but softball DID just end, after all. If I had tried to do it during the season, they would have all died by now.
So a lot of things got done today - tomorrow we are getting up early to do the stuff for the backyard before it becomes TOO hot. I think we won't get far - its been pretty hot the past few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was really good. She spent a lot of the day with he Princess. Of course, my kids are pigs, so I didn't even consider a child not eating LOL We have her Daring Book for Girls to return.

bmarin said...

She was good! The kids were so excited to be together and going on all the rides. (I am just checking my email real quick. I will look at her coach's video tomorrow!)