Sunday, March 23, 2008

Wow, twice in 3 days...

I'm on a serious roll right now.

Its late at night and I am having a little "me" time. Actually, I just spent the past hour making and testing laundry detergent. We seem to be having skin problems with my son, so I decided a while ago that I would give homemade detergent a try. I bought all the stuff, and tonight I finally got around to making it and putting it in the washer. Fingers crossed that it works, and that I didn't just inadvertently ruin an entire load of clothing, lol.

I chose the simplest recipe, because hey - I am a simple woman and anything easy is good for me. Results will be posted in the morning if I have time- we are spending Easter at my in-laws' house. I have been informed by my children that we absolutely MUST go searching for bull-frogs and play in the stream. I'm looking forward to it! What I am NOT looking forward to is seeing my BIL. ugh.

Oh, about the skin problems - he has a patch on red dry and flaky skin that is on his neck area, and well as his back. I am thinking it is a laundry detergent problem because when he wears clothing that has been washed by my MIL it is worse.

So adult softball is coming to a close. But we start right back up after a week of rest, so all is good and right with the world. Legoqueen's team lost their first game last week 10-4. I took LQ to the park on Friday and we worked on all the things that I wish they had time to cover with all the girls in practice. We worked out, and then I told her we would do another workout tomorrow or Monday, depending on how our schedule goes. Her next game is Monday night, so I would really like to see her do SOMETHING besides walk or strikeout.

Let's see...what else....oh - I mowed my lawn and discovered that it is actually green. Sometime this week I will manage to weed the flower beds and finish trimming the tree.

We are also starting to plan DramaQueen's birthday party. It will probably be later on Saturday, or perhaps even Sunday. If we have to take extreme measures, we will have it the following week. All the kids have games that Saturday, and LQ's happens to be in another town. So far the theme is "poodles". Pink, fluffy poodles to be exact. Don't ask- I have no idea what is going in that child's mind, lol.

That seems to be all for tonight...I'm glad that I was able to go out and prove that I really am still alive. I do miss you guys that I don't get to talk to too often, but I'm getting better with my schedule and time management. I promise.

1 comment:

Sancy said...

Could you please send some of the green grass and bull frog catching weather this way? Thanks! Have a Happy Easter!