Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My kids are awesome...

This week I decided that I was going to catch up on as much as possible so that I can balance our schedule and obligations more efficiently. So this morning it has been the front yard and the laundry.
The kids helped me pick up all the dry sticks from the front yard until the can was full. Good, because with my leg being all bruised up, bending and lifting is a chore.
Then there is the laundry. I have to do at least a load a day, but it never all gets put away. Especially socks.
So it was 11:30 and LegoQueen started making lunch for herself and her siblings. She asked what I wanted her to make for me. I told her nothing, and that I would eat later after I finished the basket I was working on.
A few minutes later, a "waitress" brought up a plate of cubed cheese and told me it was not good to skip lunch and my body needed energy to do my chores. I thanked her and the cheese was easy to just pop in my mouth here and there while I finished the basket up.
I am glad to say that we all have socks now in our drawers~
Then I went downstairs and the two little ones are "fixing the pantry" Basically what they do is pack everything tightly together so that I can't find anything. Last week I was looking for corn tortillas that I was sure that I had, and didn't find them until 3 days later when I was hunting for something else.
LegoQueen threw out a few experiments that were in the back of the fridge, and now everyone is happily eating their lunch, knowing that there are clean clothes to put away when they are finished.

Its been a tough couple of weeks, and I appreciate that they all pitch in to help out when I really need it.

No comments: