Monday, March 3, 2008

PLanning a party...

One of my friends brought up this issue on a forum so it got me thinking...
Some thoughts about my next birthday party to be planned:

DramaQueen wants a "themed" party. Something with a theme and dress up and games, etc.
SO different from LegoQuee, who just wanted her friends to come over and hang out and eat cake, lol.
A few weeks ago DQ announced that she would like a puppy party. I checked with the cake goddess (my MIL) and she said she could do a puppy cake. Great! Then my friend said she had some ideas for the theme as well.
So Saturday we are in the party store and DQ re-announces that she would like a princess party. I asked her "What about the boys?" and she pointed to the crown hats that were for sale. Hmmmm....
And she wants every one to have a costume. Actually she wants me to provide the costume. I have several yards of tulle that were supposed to become fairy skirts long ago, but haven't yet. So I am supposed to make 3 fairy skirts, and then 3 capes for the boys. Oh and flower crowns for the girls.
She was also very kind - she said it was okay that the older boys (and LegoQueen) didn't have to wear costumes. That is good, because I can't see myself being able to convince the older boys to dress up in capes and crowns. And LegoQueen in a fairy skirt? Not happening.
Going to check with the MIL, to see if she can make a cake in the shape of a crown.

Now this is all fine and good, but I sure hope she doesn't change her mind after I've made 3 skirts and sewed 3 capes! I am also a little hesitant to buy Disney princess cups and plates - I am thinking if I buy pink and baby blue cups and plates then I can still use them for a puppy party if she changes her mind.

So mark your calendars for the 19th of April - party at the N house! The usual crew is invited, and we will have at least two extra invitees from the HDH group.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

I know! Sidekick changes her mind about 5 times before the party. This year I have told her we have made up our mind and that is it! We are doing someting with horses. That is all I know right now.