Friday, November 23, 2007

10 days....

that's how long its been since my last entry! I really need to get to this thing a little more often.
Right now it is the calm before the storm....my husband's grandmother is coming tomorro morning. I kept bugging my husband - "This needs to be done, and this, and this...." and all he was doing was sitting on the couch playing a game. He is usually such a great help, I don't know what his problem was.
We've had a really busy week. On Wednesday, we were running all around town and I wasn't able to get home in time to cook dinner. So we went out to eat that night. Thursday was a full day of being out in the middle of nowhere at my IL's house. Then today I had to get up and clean, I went to Staples for a memory card, but Hongo called me to tell me that he was able to get one online, so I put it back and left. The line at Staples was INSANE! Its freaking STAPLES!!!!
I bought lunch (because again, I am running around town and I have no time to cook)and then LegoQueen and I hit Home Depot and Lowes once each.
Tomorrow, great grandma is coming, and then after she leaves, Hongo and the two little ones MIGHT go to a birthday party, while I go somewhere else for a couple of hours.
Amidst all this, I talked to my mom on Wednesday (as I was driving from one appt to another) and she told me that my out of state family was coming down for Thanksgiving. She wanted to know if I wanted to come. I told her no, I had other plans, and thanks anyway.
But I will admit - I am hurt. I told myself that I would get over it quickly, and I fully intend to, but yeah.
I had been bugging my cousin for months to tell me when they were coming and we would get together. I also told my other uncle the same thing. Both assured me that they would. Obviously they didn't.
If they THINK they are going to call tomorrow and drop by on their way home, forget it. We are having company! Then the birthday party, and my afternoon appointment! I figure if they do call (and that is a huge IF) I will tell them thanks for the offer, but I'll have to catch them next year, if they can possibly spare any notice.
Tonight I told myself that with "family" like that, I don't need it. My life is going pretty well right now, so dwelling on this hurt does me no good. I would rather have positives in my life right now. Which means I might just delete my cousin from my MySpace account. It will make it that much easier to get over if I don't have to see his icon everytime I log in.
Speaking of "positives" and "family" - here is a story. On Thanksgiving, my Ils gave me my birthday gift early. It was a gorgeous black coat to replace the one that Hongo shrunk a few months ago. I know it set them back a couple hundred, but that is not the best part.
The best part is that my MIL went to to stores and tried on every flippin' coat in the joint to find "the perfect coat". She is 5'2" and I am 5'10". She looked insane to be trying on all those coats that were way too big for her. In the end, she bought me a gift that I love, and she put a ton of thought into it.
She could have given me any old black coat and a gift receipt. If it doesn't fit, just return it and get something that does. But no - she made sure that it fit and it was in a plain color for a plain gal like me.
I love my coat! I can't wait to wear it to park!
Hongo just asked if I was typing another book. I told him yes, lol.

I broke down and put my name on the waiting list for Ravelry. Peer pressure is SO awful! So K and B - I'll be seeing you. There are only like 8 thousand people in front of me......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It won't be as long as you think- and you'll love it!

bmarin said...

Don't worry the list goes by real fast! You will have to join my group on there. Latinas of Ravelry. Oh and also Homeschool Yarnies. I know, it is busy over here,too. We are in between games right now. I thought I would check my email real quick. We are going to be a little late to the birthday party. I got a coat too! I shcould have had your MIL shop for me. I bought this one way big. This is the longest comment.Hmm, maybe I should of emailed you instead!LOL!