Monday, October 20, 2008

Sometimes I get mad....

I have a friend that I met online. I've known her for about a year, and we get along pretty well.
The only problem is her husband. At first he seemed really nice, and he came and played softball on my husband's team for a couple of times.
Over the past 3 months or so, I have found his behavior intolerable. He treats my friend like crap.
She plays on my Friday night team, and out of 6 games, she has missed 3. One of them he came to the game and made her upset and cry. On that night he started having all these dumb ideas that she didn't do well when he was there, and that she was trying to get away from him, etc.
He's such a jealous and insecure jerk that I can't even be near him because i would totally rip him a new one. My husband hates him.
My friend emailed me last night and she is officially done with the Friday night team. She can't play anymore. I emailed her back asking if she wanted to talk, and she said yes, but not today. We are supposed to talk tomorrow. So somehow I will have to find time to call her...the kids have their first horse riding lessons tomorrow in the morning, and she didn't tell me how long they would last.
I know its his fault. It kills him that his wife is doing something fun without him. I know he doesn't like her hanging out with me because I am a bad influence. My husband doesn't order me around like a slave. I cook, clean and take care of things for him because I want to. He treats me with respect and sees me as a partner, not his bitch.
Her husband wants a slave, someone to coddle his giant ego and she has provided that for 12 years. She can't have any friends because it takes time away from serving him.

We don't talk about her marriage...unless she wants to confide in me. She knows that I will not tell her about what I feel is wrong, because that is not right. I will always lend an ear and a shoulder, though. My friend needs confidence in herself and her abilities. She has had the courage in the past to do what was best, I just hope she finds it again.

It just makes me so mad to see her hurt like this...

No comments: