Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My first day....

Today is my first day babysitting the neighbor's baby. They had asked me if I would when the baby was only about 2 weeks old, and I wasn't really enthusiastic about it. I even went out and found them a really great daycare to check out.
Well, my neighbor came by on Monday to talk about it, and I agreed to it because it is on a drop-in basis. Mom is a substitute teacher, so she wouldn't need full time care. Plus they work over lapping schedules, so the baby never stays here past 3:30 ( a HUGE plus for Hongo!)
I get Friday's off, and if I ever have a day that I can't watch him, then they will find someone else for that day. Except I think i have him this friday, but that won't be a big deal since there is a field trip going on that day.
I can take him to the park if I like, and if I want to run errands, he can come too.
He fits in very nicely - today I propped him on the couch and he watched me fold laundry. We talked to each other - I told him that my kids never take all their laundry and put it away, and he grunted in agreement. The boy feels my pain!
He doesn't really cry, either.
Right now he is sleeping next to me while I type and get other work done. He doesn't seem to mind the noise of the kids while they are doing their lessons, which is good.
We shall see how the day goes, though. Only 5 more hours until someone comes to get him!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this little man already!

Kim said...

He's awesome!! I wish all my kids had been this easy!