Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Internet Ordeal.....

a few days ago I was online in the morning. Shut everything down, went to go exercise. Come back at lunch, nothing works. I tried everything, and finally broke down and called verizon.
After an hour on my cell phone (because no one can charge the damn cordless phones) they tell me my router is bad and get me hooked up on one computer. Hongo's computer.

Okay...the last two days have been HE!!. I don't know how people with only one computer do it. There are 5 people here who all want to use the computer at the same time. I always make the kids take turns, but me??? I have to take a turn? Say what???

I was emailing back and forth with someone, and I kept cutting into my kids' Club Penguin/Runescape time. "Let me use it really quick, sweetie."
I even broke down and started using my phone to check my mail. Yes, this would be the week when all the important stuff starts coming in.

So today I said "THAT'S ENOUGH! I can't live like this anymore~" The final straw was that Hongo's computer was the only one with access, yet MY computer is the one with all the information that needs to be uploaded. and the connection wouldn't work.

and since Hongo was working late, chaffeuring someone to Le Chateau West Valley where you get a free night's stay with meal included, I decided to call Verizon and get this straightened out.

An hour and half, two technicians, and a gallon of water later, my computers are all back up and running. That means that the kids only have to share when Hongo is at home. Because I am not a very good sharer. Must be the only child in me.... ;)

No comments: