Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rain? what Rain?

That was the big news of the week. rain this weekend.

Well I didn't see any rain...did you? No, I didn't think so.
Today we did go out and I wore jeans and a long sleeved shirt (because that is just the kind of girl I am) and I am happy to say that I didn't freeze and maybe once or twice I felt a little warm and over dressed.

We took the kids out shopping for pants and boy was that an ordeal. I have the tween who wears a size 12, 14, and 16 all in one. I swear every store that we went to, the pants would NOT fit right. We finally ended up finding two pairs that fit in a size 16.

Then I have the middle child with long stick legs. She will be a very slender, make you sick because she is so skinny kind of girl. She ended up with a 7 slim.

The Hairy One was by far the worst...the people who design little boys jeans must think no one cares what a boy wears from the age of 4-7. Because I saw some really ugly jeans today.

So we bought 6 pairs of jeans today. Hooray for mom! Next paycheck we will go out and look for some tops. Oh joy. Did you know most of the tops we saw today cost more than the jeans???

We also returned some library books and bought some yarn. I have three more sweaters in queue after I finish the one for myself. LQ is next and today I picked up some light gray wool yarn for a sweater for her, and then there will most likely be pink yarn in the future for DQ. The Hairy One has not decided on a color yet, but that is okay since I havent even found a pattern for him. I think by the time I finish I will be so sick of sweaters that I will be embracing the opportunity to knit socks.

Tomorrow I do not have softball, so I will most likely be working in the yard and doing home improvement projects to get ready for the winter. We have new neighbors next door and you know how I am - very competitive when it comes to whose grass is the greenest and who has the fewest weeds.....lol.

2 comments:

bmarin said...

That is what I am going to be doing today. Shopping for some winter clothes. Fun!?

Kim said...

I bet you like shopping a lot more than I do!!! Plus you always look so cute in the things you find!