Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tooth Loss....

My poor daughter - she is almost 12 and she still has most of her baby teeth. In fact, she has lost one or two teeth recently and the adult tooth has come in within days.
Well, tonight she was chewing on a Tootsie Roll candy and she came to me with a piece of tooth and said it came out. I thought the tooth had broken, and so I was thinking "crap, now I have to take her back to the dentist" and I gave her a lecture on brushing her teeth properly and it is ridiculous that her teeth are breaking. I made her toss the tooth too.
I finally asked her to show me where the tooth came from, I needed to see how badly it had broken, and all I see is a gleaming white molar sticking halfway out. I searched her mouth completely, and she has all of her teeth intact. So apparently this tooth was fighting to hang on and keep its spot, and the Tootsie Roll is what pulled it out.
Poor kid - I made her toss it too!

2 comments:

bmarin said...

Now what are you going to do about the tooth fairy? Just tell her the tooth fairy somehow found it. Then you can leave her some money!

Kim said...

Oh, the tooth fairy doesn't need the tooth - especially since DramaQueen dropped hers down the sink.
What was funny was that she didn't care about the old tooth, she was upset that the new tooth was not coming in perfectly straight. She doesn't want braces! lol