Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Its a New YEAR!

I always love the New Year. Everything seems so fresh, and I am always optimistic about what is going to happen.
Even though 2007 did not start off the greatest...it finished with a bang - literally.

Last night we went to a NYE party for the very first time. This family invited us in 2006 as well, but I was too chicken to attend. We weren't even going to go last night, but on a whim, Hongo said to me "If you want to go to the party, let's go. And call up your friend and tell her we'll take her and her son with us."
That is why I love this man!!! He is willing to come out of his shell to do things if it can possibly make me happy!
We left around 9:30, and came home. We were sooo tired. I was asleep before 10:30. But at midnight is when the ruckus began. I don't know if people were shooting guns, or popping things off, but it was loud. My dog Hayden was so scared that he kept clawing at my arm - he wanted to bury his face in my armpit. Too funny, considering he doesn't like me a whole lot. He had to settle for sleeping on my stomach.

Today we slept in and when I got up, I made everyone breakfast. Pancakes and sausage with orange juice to drink. Except myself - I made myself a fruity smoothie.
Its going to be a good year, I know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was loud by our house, too. My stupid neighbor was standing outside yelling. We were just getting to sleep, so I wasn't too happy about that LOL

bmarin said...

I am happy you guys came!! The kids had so much fun! Happy New Years!!