Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Birthday....

I didn't check Ravelry yesterday, but as of today, there are 4573 people in front of me in line. Woooo!

I had a nice birthday. Lots of phone calls and emails to wish me a special day. The only person who did not that I expected would call was my mother. Oh well.

My ILs came over at about 11, and they gave the girls new boots. They didn't have any for the Hairy One, and of all times to care, that was the one time he did. He looked up to my MIL with big eyes and said "Where are my boots grandma?" SO she told him that they would all go out right then and get him some new boots. "Thats okay, I want to stay home with Daddy." LOL!
Speaking of which, Hairy is very clingy and a home-body. He doesn't want to go out anywhere. If one of us is staying home, he wants to stay too. The ILs took the kids to Knotts a couple of weeks ago, and he was ready to go home by noon. Then yesterday at dinner, he kept nudging his head under Hongo's arm so that Hongo would hold him close.
Anyway, they took the kids to the mall and I was specifically not invited. Instead Hongo and I went to Costco and got some things that we needed. We were about to go to the grocery store and then the ILs called and invited us to lunch. After lunch, we came home and I got to open my surprise. It was a black tote bag with photo slots, a tiny sewing repair kit, a needle holder for my knitting needles, and 6 skeins of yarn is the BRIGHTEST colors you have ever seen. Bright pink, teal, and SUNFLOWER YELLOW!
Gotta love kids! I love my bag - I have two projects in it right now.
After the ILs left, I took nap. Having them over wears me out! When I got up, we went to dinner at Red Robins and then went to Michaels. I bought the needles and the yarn for my new project. I didn't get the exact yarn I wanted for the sweater, but I got something suitable.
So my swatch is drying and hopefully I can cast on tonight and do a few rows. I had a very nice birthday, and again, I thank everyone who sent good wishes. You are all awesome!

No comments: