Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas - the day after...

It was a pretty fabulous day, if I may say so.

Early that morning I woke up with stomach cramps. The kind you get from staying rigid in the fetal position because your in considerate husband shut off the heater and the house is incredibly cold. I would never make it out on the street. I would die.
Anyway, by the time I fell back asleep, I was quickly awoken by the thumping of 3 pairs of feet coming into my room. "Mommy! It's time!" I looked at the clock quickly and told them to all get into my bed - its wasn't time yet and we should all snuggle first.
That bought me 1/2 hour of dozing before the natives started getting restless. Actually, the Hairy One was the only one who fell back asleep. I suspect his sisters dragged him out of bed, lol.
So we go downstairs and I put on some Christmas music. Hongo tells me "I put my CD in #3" I told him that was nice, but I put MY CDs in slots 4 and 5. We listened to the Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack a LOT so I was sick of it.
The kids opened their presents and really liked them. LegoQueen received the Naruto gloves that she had been begging for, DramaQueen received the Dora Talking House, and the Hairy One got a Star wars set that Hongo swore he would love. They got other stuff too - but those were the things that they really went wacko for.
My In Laws came later and I am SOOOO happy that they bought fewer items and bought more quality presents. Their big gifts to the kids included a bike for LegoQueen, and a battery powered Jeep for the little ones. I snapped a pic of the bike, but the Jeep pictures are on my regular camera.
Those Jeep have certainly come a long way - LegoQueen had one when she was two (nearly 10 years ago), and it was a little red thing with a pretend radio and a storage area under the hood. This one is gigantic - green and silver with running boards, a cup holder, glove compartment, and REAL radio. Sheesh.
The kids received lots of books, toys and games. I was really impressed with how well my in laws did.
After they left, I started the turkey for Christmas dinner. This was my first year making the whole big dinner. Usually we have tamales and enchiladas with rice and beans. Everything came out delicious, and I surprised myself. I will admit - I had ground beef defrosted as a back up plan, lol!
The rest of the evening was spent cleaning up and putting things away. Oh, and Hongo moved the tv BACK upstairs, so once again I have holes in the wall downstairs.
I hope to have some pictures up this week.

No comments: