Saturday, July 12, 2008

Busy Friday....

Yesterday was busy. We had friends come over in the afternoon. We let the little ones swim in the pool, and we were sitting out on the porch chatting. The only thing- the flies were really bothering me. I am going to have to talk to my neighbor about the mess in their backyard. Its gross, and it attracts those flies.
Anyway we had agood time. And wouldn't you know it, my friend left and THEN I discovered I had reached a part in my knitting pattern that i didn't understand. Oh well, hopefully I'll see her on Monday and we can get it worked out.
After they left, I went on an ant hunt. The kids said they saw ants upstairs. I can't figure out where they are coming from, because I never find a bunch at once. I think there were 2 in the bathroom, and we saw 3 in the loft, but in different spots. I had Hongo spray around the outside of the house too.
We got ready and left to go to our playoff game for softball. The game went fine, we lost but had a lot of fun. Afterwards I took off my cleats and sat in the bleachers talking to the wives of some of the players. Hongo was pitching to all the kids (everyone brought their little ones last night!) and the ladies were all telling me how awesome and patient Hongo is with kids, and how come we don't have more than 3?
I don't know - Hongo isn't really a "kid person" But for some reason kids just flock to him and want to play with him.
Well, the night went on and Hongo started pitching to the guys. He was helping one of his friends learn to bat properly and maximize his power. Well, all I heard was a "WHACK" and then a bunch of people scream "OOOOOOOH" and I turned around and Hongo was hunched over. I ran out onto the field (no shoes!) and put my arms around him. I thought it was his face, but it turned out to be his right forearm. It was already purple.
Everyone was so worried. We got ice and put it on his arm. People started putting stuff away. But Hongo still wanted to play. So he jumped up and said he was fine, and went back out to pitch again!
That man - he's so crazy!
Well, its Saturday now, and i had better go pick up my room. Its pretty messy - I just got my computer fixed and I had to set it up and there are files all over and CDs that need to be put away. The chaos in the room doesn't let me sleep well, so I really need to keep it clean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys *really* need to carry Arnica- both the tablets to swallow, and the kind to rub on LOL

Kim said...

It was purple yesterday, but I think the ice really helped because its a light pink today. Obviously it still hurts, but the big purple blob I was anticipating is not there.
I will have to remember to get the Arnica.