Wednesday, July 9, 2008

106 degrees right now....

I bought a cheap little frog thermometer for the backyard.

He is melting. Seriously - I went out there and he is soft to the touch. His last message..."106 degrees." I say 106 because the marker was a tad above the 105 mark.
We will miss you frog. Join DramaQueen's frogs wherever they may be, for you all suffered the same fate....
I forgot to mention, DramaQueen had been collecting live frogs from the park the past couple of weeks. She and Daddy caught some grasshoppers and took the frogs outside to feed them and then forgot about them. The next afternoon, we had crispy frogs on the patio. Poor things.

Today's heat is different than yesterdays. Yesterday the sky was a bright and clear deep blue You could feel the sun's rays. Today the sky is more grayish, with high clouds and the heat is stifling.
The kids are dying to go swimming, but I just can't go out there right now.

Today is also a lazy day - we have sat around and vegged all day. I did make it out to the grocery store for a few things, and it was already 100 degrees according to my car.

I do love the heat, but just not lately. Maybe in my old age I can't tolerate it likeI used to.

2 comments:

Sancy said...

Time to move to Ohio! LOL!!

Kim said...

ROFL! you never know- you might get your wish!