Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Unsportsmanlike conduct.....

Well, its Tuesday. I can't believe how quickly time has flown by this past week.

We've had a couple of run-ins with players who do not conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, so I thought I would talk about it for a little bit. I don't think I have told any of my friends - I've been more concerned with my dear friend coming down with Bell's Palsy, and getting things together for a craft tomorrow for Mothers' Day.
Anyway, It started last week with LegoQueen's softball game. They were playing the first place team and beat them. The coach of the other team was very upset and was stomping around like a child. He kept calling time out to talk to the umpire about various minor things that he felt our team was doing wrong. After the game, he left in a hurry and one of his players said that he was very angry with the girls. Then yesterday we heard that his daughter was talking smack at school about tonight's game (and not in a funny, friendly way either). Its just very frustrating with the competitiveness. Is that even a word? I don't know- I've been so tired lately it doesn't matter anymore.
Then on to Sunday. Hongo and I played our double header. We lost the first one, and won the second. After the second game, we were asked to fill in at the next game. We are friends with that team, so we tend to cover for each other alot. My neighbor across the street is on that team too.
So there we are, having fun - messing around. We were winning, and the other team wasnt liking it very much. Then it started to go downhill. I didn't notice it until late in the game, but the whole team had been cussing at us the entire game. One lady was really pissed off because she couldn't make it on base (she grounded out to me twice and once to the pitcher) On her final at bat, she walked and started cussing out the pitcher as she ran to first. That was my first idea that something wasn;t right. No wait, about 5 seconds prior to that, she LICKED the ball and threw it at the pitcher. THAT was when I knew something was wrong.
Well, as soon as the game was over, she waited until her teamamtes had left the field and she heaved a ball at our side into a crowd of people. I was sitting on the bleachers, tending to my knee that I had injured. I got up and went over to meet her on the other side. We were going to "have a discussion". But my dear husband held me back, and instead directed me to my very upset 7 year old who the ball had almost hit.
Thankfully she did not hit anyone. Because she sucks, and can't throw her way out of a paper bag. However the person she was aiming for is a man who is like family to us. He and Hongo play softball together, and I have coached his daughter for two years (she is on the team we play tonight that was mentioned earlier). So I was emotionally riled up for that reason as well. If Hongo had not been there, he would have had to come get me from jail.
Yesterday I went to talk to the director of adult sports for our city. I successfully got her suspended for about 2 games. But one of the ladies who witnessed it (she is also my friend Christina) was not so satisfied, and has sent a complaint to the head director because of this:

League Reminders

If you missed the meeting...

Bad language can and will be used against you. Do not be surprised by this.

Any violent act by a player will, of course get him/her removed form the league for the remainder of the season - or more, AND the manager will be ejected from the current and the next game as well. The message? Don't have players on your roster who cannot be controlled. (For soccer managers, it goes for you as well.)


This of course, was a violent act. So therefore this woman should be removed from the league from the rest of the season. So we will see what happens.

Other than that, things are swell. I am making dinner and then we will take LQ to her game.

Oh, and LQ was feeling down because she thought her close friend didn't want to be friends anymore. But he just called and they are talking on the phone, lol.

No comments: