Monday, May 12, 2008

No more craziness for now....

Unless you count the bug that has bitten my children and turned into wild animals that don't listen, can't stand each other yet cannot bear to be apart....

*sigh*

We had a nice Mothers' Day - didn't get to go kayaking like I wanted, but everything worked out fine. My in laws came over and we went to lunch, then they took the kids shopping. DramaQueen chose a lot of dresses, and today she got all dolled up and was running around yelling "I'm rich!!!!"
The child had $15 burning a hole in her pocket, so today I let her buy some cute headbands with it. She saw $3 on the tag, and proudly handed the cashier 3 dollar bills. We haven't talked about sales tax, lol! The cashier bagged her stuff and gave her a receipt. I asked the cashier if she was short, and she said "22 cents" and shrugged her shoulders. So I dug in my purse and found a quarter. Cute kids can get away with not paying sales tax? I sure wish I was cute - maybe I would get free groceries. Or free gas.

Anyway - today was one of those "time-out days" A day where either I am going to tear out my hair and give myself a heart attack, or I lock the kids in their rooms and lay on my bed. I chose the latter, and when Hongo got home, I took a nap. I had an appointment canceled today, which ended up being good - I wasn't in the mood to be meeting with people.

Right now I am listening to Hongo drone on about baseball gloves. I feel like my friend Beatriz - she asks her husband a question and he goes on and on, and then she wishes that she hadn't asked.
However, in this case - Hongo is trying to convince me of the benefits of letting him buy another glove. He currently has an outfielder's glove, 2 infielders gloves, I just paid for another one this morning from Ebay, and he also won a glove for the LegoQueen that I paid for as well.

I don't think he needs a new glove. Actually, I KNOW he doesn't. He is going to have to come up with some pretty good sweet talking for this glove.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Yea, those men. They say it is because they want to make sure we understand. I just want the short simple answer! LOL!