Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The firehouse....

Today we went to the firehouse. DramaQueen had a good time - The Hairy One...not so much. He was scared most of the tour because there was a dude following them from room to room. He said the man was scary-looking. There were times when he tried to be brave, but the final straw was when he went in the fire engine. He thought they were going to drive away with him. And the dude was the one helping the kids out of the engine after they got their picture taken. Poor Hairy had tears starting in his eyes.
But the kids got little hats, pencils, and a badge. The Hairy One wanted to wear his to his game.
Speaking of the game, I had a grand total of 7 kids show up. So did the other team. It was windy and the dirt was kicking up. My kids were miserable. But I kept them entertained by jumping and screaming and giving high fives. Needless to say, I am tired.
Tomorrow we are going to a local park so that I can walk the track with some moms. I promised LQ that afterwards I would take her to the field to practice some more. We tried to do some today, but the Hairy One got hit in the mouth with a ball thrown by DramaQueen and so I had to rush and get him ice. Then we saw a girl wandering around looking lost - turns out she was 2 hours early for her game, and mom had just dropped her off. So I let her use my phone so she could call Mom to get her to come back. By that time, my team started arriving.

I should probably crawl into bed now - I have earned it.

No comments: