Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Once a week....

I am going to make it my goal to post something. So here goes:

We have been busy as usual - lots of softball to play and places to take the kids. Last night LegoQueen had a game. It was bad. They should have won, but the girls just couldn't do it. The other team had luck on their side. LQ hit a hard one right at the shortstop and she closed her eyes and stuck out her glove and caught it. The coach was very frustrated - he took the girls aside after the game and talked to them. Some of the parents were mad. It was 9:30 at night and they wanted to get their kids home to bed.
I asked LQ what he said, and she said "Something about if the older girls weren't going to play well and hit - they were going to be benched." LOL I guess he lost her attention after about 5 minutes.
He told all the girls to come to the field today to practice, but my Pee-Wee team has a game, so LQ won't be there.

So now LQ has decided that she really wants to improve, and is willing to work hard. So yesterday I took her out and we worked on her fielding for about an hour. Today she wants to go back out, but we are going to the fire station for a field trip and then the library. Then the little ones have that game I was talking about.

Now that DramaQueen has turned 7, she brings a whole lot more to the table. She is constantly picking on her siblings and then she whines when they do it back to her. For a while, they were all ignoring each other by saying "Who said that?" whenever one of them would speak. Then the ousted one cries and says "THEY AREN'T LISTENING TO ME!!!!"
My kids have also decided that its okay to walk off whenever they want. Last Saturday I was trying to keep score and DQ walked off to the other field to see if one of her friends was playing. Last night she and her brother were told not to go to the park, and when I got up to throw trash they snuck off. Oh boy, was I MAD! And then of course I got mad at myself because I have become too engrossed in the game and I trust that they are sitting next me, when they are really sneaking off to go play. I need to keep a closer eye on them.

The weather is getting warmer, so we are just trying to keep cool and enjoy it. Today is supposed to be cooler than yesterday, so I will take it! Let me ease into the fiery temperatures!

3 comments:

bmarin said...

Maybe they think it is like our Park Day. That they can walk back and forth from the play area and to the moms. LOL!

Kim said...

Yes, I think that is it. Plus everyone else lets their kids go to play at the park unsupervised, so they think its totally safe if they are with a group. The playground is right next to the parking lot, someone could swipe a kid easily!

Sancy said...

Yay! You're back!!