Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nervous....

Last night I got a call from a family friend's daughter. She was excited to tell me that she got her call up to the Major division of softball. She wanted to know if we had received our call for LegoQueen yet. Her voice cracked when I told her that we hadn't received one yet. She was hoping they would get the same team. So was I, but we didn't get anything. She got the coach that LegoQueen wanted too.
Afterwards I called my friend, her daughter tried out too. They hadn't received a call either. So after waiting all evening, we finally went to bed. I kept telling Hongo, "What if they don't pick her at all??" Even though when LegoQueen asked me the very same question, I hugged her and told her that it wouldn't be the end of the world. It wouldn't be, but it still hurts to think about the possibility.
This morning my friend called. She actually got her call last night, but her cell phone was turned off. She got a different coach - our second choice for LegoQueen. She sounded disappointed as well, when I told her that LegoQueen had still not received her call. I told her that there are two scenerios left - either she got the coach we didn't want, or she didn't get picked. Neither look very appealing right now.

Remembering back....

After tryouts, I was talking to the parents of the two other girls that I just mentioned, and I happened to look over and saw that third coach talking to Courtney. He had her cornered, and was asking her questions. I walked over and put my arm around LQ and asked her if she was ready to go. She said yes. The coach looked at me and said "You are her mom?" and I said yes.
When we were walking away, I asked her what he said to her. He was asking her detailed questions about how many years she's played, what positions has she played before, where she would LIKE to play, and if she got a lot of hits. I guess she told him that she played on the All-Star team, got the game winning hit last season, and that she would play anywhere the coach put her.
So we knew he was interested in her, but we thought that the hassle of dealing with me would not be worth it. He and I have exchanged heated words before, but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Anyway, we are still waiting for that call. I don't know how I am going to tell her if she doesn't make it. Its going to be a long day.

2 comments:

bmarin said...

Heard anything yet???

Kim said...

Nothing so far....