Monday, February 18, 2008

Just the tip of the iceberg...

Wow, if today is any indication of what the next 3 months are going to be like - I am going to have to take a long vacation when its over!

Yesterday my ILs had the kids, so Hongo and I spent time together and the kids came back around 7 ish. They were sticky and dirty, so it was a round of baths before bed. I fell asleep and was rudely awoken at 2:30am from my cell phone beeping due to low battery. Grrrrr.....
I guess my brain didn't realize it was supposed to go back to sleep, because then it started filling up with thoughts. Oh - I have to remember to get LegoQueen a glove. Oh - I need to make the packets for the parents of the pee-wee team. I need a schedule for practice.
And on and on....until 6:30am.
Then I overslept and woke up because the doorbell rang. It was my laptop! SO I ran downstairs and flung open the door so the guy wouldn't leave with my computer.
But I also happened to set off the house alarm....*sigh*
Hey - now every one is up!
I did the million things that I needed to, and then at 12:30 I went and worked for a little bit. Hongo was in charge of taking the kids to the park for practice. But he didn't know where the park was - he was assuming that I would be done working early and we could go together.
I made it to the park - forgot my phone, my bases, and to buy a bucket of balls, but I made it.
The kids are all great....I ran all over the field with them - we had a short little practice and then I sat down to watch LegoQueen's practice. We drove home and I had to make dinner. We were all starving - I forgot to pack snacks!
So we sat down for dinner around 7, ate and then the kids all needed baths again.
I talked to Hongo, and I told him that we need a better routine. It appears that we will be at the fields every single weeknight for the next 3 weeks. That is not counting my morning walks, or Park Day. Thursday and Friday will be especially difficult - we have to leave PArk at 3 to come home, prep dinner and have a snack, then practice, then come home and eat, then go to Hongo's game. Fridays, depending on where we are, we may have to leave as early as 3:30.
And don't get me started on the weekends!
But I love this - I love spending time with my family, I love getting outside, and if being busy is what it takes, we will live with it and take things as they come...

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Use your Crock Pot on Thursdays. We don't want you to leave Park too early!
We missed you yesterday at knitting.