Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Living on the edge....

When my son grows up and turns 18, he can do stunts and thrill himself to his hearts' content.
However, that is about 12 years away, so until then I must insist that he keep both feet on the ground. No jumping, dangling, crashing, swinging, bumping, hanging, etc.
I swear I can't turn about for a moment without him being into something or doing an activity that gives me a heart attack.
Today he thought it would be great to jump down the past the last 4 stairs. He could have snapped an ankle or broken an arm!!!!
Then after lunch he was running in the house with our dog. Not paying attention to furniture or other obstacles, just watching to make sure the dog was keeping up. I am am obstacle and he nearly took me feet out from under me.
Tomorrow is park day, and I fully expect for him to let me know he is feeling 100 percent better by climbing something.

Okay, okay- I do think its kind of funny how he will stand on the couch and try to jump onto people's backs when they walk past him. He's pretty good at it, and the reaction of his victim is hilarious....

No comments: