Friday, April 3, 2009

I have time to write!

Today I actually have time to sit at my desk and write. SO here comes the things that are on my mind...

First of all, my heart is heavy and very sad for my dear friend Taryn...her son died on April 1st. I got the call from my other friend who had asked if I had heard. I knew she wouldn't joke about something so serious, but it didn't stop me from asking if it was an April Fools' joke.
Sadly, its not, and my heart breaks for my friend who lost her 4 month old son. He was so beautiful :(
Wednesday was hard, because I went from the phone call to my daughter's baseball game and tried to put on a happy face. I stayed behind my camera alot, and just enjoyed my own precious child and felt thankful that she is going to be 8 in a few weeks and is healthy and strong. And a damn good baseball player too.
The boys on her team respect her somewhat, and the boys on the other teams are learning not to underestimate the batter wearing the bright pink helmet.
Hongo and I are so proud, and you can tell that LQ is quite proud as well. "My little sister plays hardball" is stated proudly, and with a big smile.
Speaking of talent, LQ is showing signs of improvement. She knows that she can do more, and so she has been pushing herself a little harder each time. I bought her a facemask, and now that the threat of getting hit square in the face is gone, she catches everything that is hit at her. We were practicing at the park, and one of the parents asked me if I was angry with her, and to maybe tone the hits down. She was catching everything and asking me to hit it harder.
I can't wait to see her in her game tomorrow.
My son is doing fine as well. I can tell he would rather play tackle football, but MOM is too afraid of her baby boy getting hurt. Baseball is a little safer.

Hongo is in vacation planning mode. He is thinking that we may go to Tahiti this year.
I can never get into planning a vacation. All I see are the $$$ flying out of my bank account. Money that I worked so hard to save...
Of course I enjoy the vacation and then I go into saving for the next one, but still.

I recently bought a heart rate monitor, to help make my workouts more efficient. My weight training becamea bit stagnant, and one would think with all the running around that I do, i would be thinner. Not the case.
Since time is precious, everything has to be as efficient as possible.
I bought a new Blackberry (which I love) and I am allllllmost done making it the way I like it. I would prefer a today theme which shows me my appointments and messages at a glance, but I LOOOOOOVE my theme right now (baseball theme).
Anyway, my blackberry keeps me from being tethered to my desktop and I can read and reply to messages immediatly, so when I get home I can do other things. Like laundry and cooking...
My blackberry also keeps track of my life and the things going on. This week I had to be somewhere everyday (except today) and I made it to all the appointments. I wasn't early, but I MADE it. I just have to remember to put the appointments in and it will all be good...
My blackberry has a button for Facebook, so I can keep tabs with my friends and not be such a loser and be left out all the time. I am having fun with it, I just need to add some pictures.
I gave up soda again, but to be perfectly honest, I dropped one bad habit and picked up another. i eat lots of chocolate now. hersheys is my favorite.

Ahhhh....this took too long. time to go! we have softball tonight!

2 comments:

bmarin said...

I love my Blackberry too!

Anonymous said...

I consider, that you are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM.