Thursday, April 9, 2009

All done!

Well, the event I was stressing about has come and gone. We went to the political fundraiser for Anthony Adams and with the exception of ONE person, we met really nice people and I have discovered that even filthy rich people get nervous and stressed!
Despite all the hype and security (bomb sniffing dogs sniffed my purse!) everything went off without a major hitch.
I didn't eat anything except a tiny chocolate tart at the end. My friends know how picky I am, lol! No, I didn't try the caviar, I did NOT say "Hasta la vista, baby" to the Governor, and I did not kiss him either. Sorry guys!
I did shake hands with the Assemblyman, and let me tell you - that guy is GOOOOOOD. He makes you feel like you are the only person there that he wants to talk to. He makes good eye contact, and shakes hands with a firm grip.
Nice guy overall, despite some people's objections.

Hongo and I got out of there around 8:15pm. We stopped in Rancho Cucamonga for dinner and we ate at Fleming's steak restaurant.
I had to give Hongo a hard time. The food was slow to come out, and I told him that rich people are never in a hurry so the food could take all day!
It was a good dinner, despite that I didn't order a steak. I am just too picky about steak and how its cooked. When Hongo's steak came back, I was glad I didn't order one because I wouldn't have eaten it. My breast of chicken was very good though.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Who was the one person who was not nice? It was Arnold, huh? Lol.