Sunday, March 15, 2009

Champions!

Today we had our final games of the season, and we won BOTH!

The first game ended something like 29-6, and the second game was sooo perfect.
We were down by 2 runs in the final inning. We had two runners on base, and two outs. We managed to get 2 runs to tie it up, so then my dear friend came up to bat with one runner on base. She hit a BOMB to the outfield, and as soon as the runner crossed the plate we all started jumping up and down and cheering! She stood on second base and we ran over to congratulate her!
What a perfect end!

But victory only lasts for so long, and champions still have kids to feed. So after we got home we went to COstco and bought some things. Then later one, the Hairy One convinced his father that TWINKIES were a necessity, so Hongo went and bought some.

I am finally healed enough to start jogging and weight training again. For the past few weeks I have been too scared of lifting due to back issues, and my ankles were not holding up very well. I have only been walking, just not very regularly.
So tomorrow I will start back up. I have the baby to sit for, but I can ask his mom for the stroller so I can walk with the kids. Maybe I will call up a friend to go with me.

This week is the last week before Opening Day. My schedule is jam-packed and there is very little margin or flexibility. I had to give up some things to make it work, so hopefully it will be worth it in the end....

No comments: