Monday, September 29, 2008

Sometimes its better to keep those things to yourself....

because you never know who is going to hear you, and you may not really want to suffer the consequences....

LegoQueen is learning that lesson right now.

This morning I was cleaning, and getting ready for some visitors later this morning. The Hairy One was hungry and asked for a sandwich. I asked LQ to make him something and as I was walking away I heard her say "Why doesn't Mommy do anything?"

Hmmm... I could have yelled and screamed about how I do a lot more around here than she thinks, but instead I decided to let her find out herself.

So I made her a list and it includes everything that needs to be done in the house today. She is actually quite lucky that it isn't longer, because her dad did a bunch of cleaning and fixing this weekend.
So we are trading places. I get to sit on my butt and hang out on the computer and do fun stuff, and she gets to work. She gets to mop, scrub toilets, vacuum, pick up toys and trash that everyone leaves behind. She has already experienced the triumph of saying "There - I am done." only to be crushed by "Oh wait - you forgot this"....or "Now you can do THIS."

Its all very disappointing and frustrating for her. If only it were one of those weekends that the house ends up trashed and I spend all Monday trying to put it back together....

And just when she thinks that there is really no more left, I will kindly remind her that she hasn't done her schoolwork for the day. So guess what she will spend the evening doing?
Because to be honest, even after cleaning the house and taking care of kids, I still have other work to do. And I have to give up pleasurable activities to get it finished.

But not today....today I am housework free and my two other kids are doing their jobs of leaving crap laying around where LQ just cleaned - just like they do for me... :)

I certainly hope she does the laundry quickly- I am waiting for a pair of pants....

2 comments:

Sancy said...

FOFLMAO!! Enjoy your "free" day.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I snorted over this one.....