Wednesday, June 3, 2009

hyper kids....

My two little ones have been battling allergies for a while now. I thought they were sick, so we stayed home from as many activities as possible. When the sneezing and night coughing wouldn't go away, I took them in to the dr and she said it was allergies.
So we have been doing OTC allergy meds and frequent eye rinsing (the hairy one's eyes water alot, so when he wipes he introduces bacteria to his eyes from his hands) and during the day they are pretty good. But at night they cough and it sounds like they can't breathe. I sat up one night and went from one to the other just so that I could make sure they were breathing.
Well, I wasn't completely convinced that they WEREN'T sick, so I took them in one more time. DQ is improving, but the Hairy one was not.
Again, the dr said she thinks its still allergies, and Hairy is experiencing pain from the sinus pressure. SO she gave me a prescription and I had it filled today after I got clearance from THE EXPERT.
We went to a playdate today and on the way I had it filled. I gave it when we got home, and now I have two VERY hyper children. No, we are not experiencing nausea or diarrhea, just extreme excitability.
The puppy can't wait for them to go to sleep. He is sick of riding in the stroller, being in jail, and wearing baby clothes. Such a good dog.
We will see how tomorrow goes. The Hairy one looks better already.

No comments: